Earth.org reports that the world generates 300 million tons of plastic waste a year.
As the conversation around plastic intensifies, companies and consumers alike are finding ways to address these environmental issues and find ways to coexist and flourish in the present and the future.
But to truly understand the push for eco-friendly measures, we need to look at consumers’ emphasis on sustainability.
A Sustainable Impact on Business
With the increase in environmentally conscious buyers, custom package design centered around sustainability is becoming more and more profitable for brands.
Here are a few statistics to keep in mind:
- It’s reported that global Google searches for topics related to sustainable products increased by around 130% between 2017 and 2022.
- In its second Business of Sustainability Index, GreenPrint, a PDI company, reported that 66 % of United States consumers are willing to pay more for sustainable products.
- A new NielsenIQ survey reports 46% of consumers are looking to brands to take the lead on creating sustainable change.
M&M Industry’s Focus on Sustainability
The Cambridge Dictionary defines sustainability as “the quality of being able to continue over a period of time.”
This definition embodies our goals at M&M Industries.
With an emphasis on sustainability, our mission is to create eco-friendly products to foster a sustainable future.
We use post-consumer and post-industrial resin to produce our pails and integrate regrind material into our production cycle.
But, we don’t stop there.
Keep reading for more ways we reduce our carbon footprint to promote a more sustainable future.
ReGenesis: Revitalizing Recycled Material for Pail Development
The pail manufacturing industry was at a crossroads between old processes and the future. It was at this juncture that we developed a brand-new co-injection manufacturing process – ReGenesis.
This co-injection process produces a pail using a core made from post-consumer recycled (PCR) material that makes up as much as 43% of the product which is then encapsulated with layers of virgin materials that make up the other 57%.
Read more here.
Reimagining Recycling for a More Sustainable Tomorrow
The success of recycling is directly proportional to the amount of plastic we’re able to stop from going to landfills.
At M&M Industries, we’re committed to pursuing innovative ways to invest in a more sustainable tomorrow and are always excited to talk with others who are making a difference.
That’s where people like Paul Benvenuti with Reynolds Consumer Products and the Hefty Energy Bag program come in.
Paul and his team are helping to simplify the recycling process for everyday people, which will then result in capturing more materials for recycling instead of more plastic ending up in landfills.
We enjoyed sitting down with Paul for a quick interview, where he shares more about how each of us can make a difference by recycling.
Watch the full interview.
If you’d like to learn more, contact us at [email protected] or 1-800-331-5305.